[Samba] net join fails NT_STATUS_INVALID_COMPUTER_NAME

Lothar Belle tqsystems at web.de
Thu Mar 13 06:07:16 GMT 2008

> You have probally already tried but check the following.
>
> I have always used YAST to join a SLES box to a domain.  If you do not have a GUI installed, just type yast at the shell.  >Under the Network Services section is Windows Domain Membership.  Open this.  Type in all the correct information and make >sure you select "Use for Authentication".  It should join the domain.
yast says the join was succsessfully,
but the Authentiaction to the share still fails!

> Also make sure the time of the server you are adding to the domain matchecs the domian controler.  On a standard Windows AD setup anything past 5 min. can cause problems.
> The command to do this is "net time set -S domain server"
time ist set by a ntp server
--> Time is synchron.
Kerberos authentication works testet with :
#kinit Administrator at TQ-NET.DE
tq-backupsrv-1:~ # klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
Default principal: Administrator at TQ-NET.DE

03/13/08 07:05:06  03/14/08 07:05:06  krbtgt/TQ-NET.DE at TQ-NET.DE

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt0
klist: You have no tickets cached