[Samba] Kerberos authentication for non-windows KDCs

gerryw at compvia.com gerryw at compvia.com
Tue Mar 11 21:57:09 GMT 2008

Hi,

I would like to do this also. Having a doc or how-to would be very helpful
indeed ;)

Thanks,
-G

Wes Modes <wmodes at ucsc.edu>
Sent by: samba-bounces+gerryw=compvia.com at lists.samba.org
03/11/2008 03:25 PM

samba at lists.samba.org
cc

Subject
Re: [Samba] Kerberos authentication for non-windows KDCs

This is what I'd heard.

Jeremy or others,  you don't have any docs or howtos that point to
setting this up do you?

W.

Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 02:07:47PM -0400, Sean Elble wrote:
>
>> On 3/11/08 1:46 PM, "Wes Modes" <wmodes at ucsc.edu> wrote:
>>

>>> I was told recently that Kerberos authentication won't work against a
>>> non-windows KDC.  Is that accurate?  So for instance, it is not
possible
>>> for Samba running on say RHEL, to authenticate against a Linux server
>>> running MIT Kerberos?
>>>
>> In general, it is not possible for *Samba* to authenticate against a
MIT
>> Kerberos server. Technically, it's not possible, period, with Samba 3.
With

--

Wes Modes
Server Administrator & Programmer Analyst