[Samba] Problems running samba in vmware

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 19:04:27 GMT 2008

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 10:13 PM, Adam Zimmer <adam at ariussoftware.com> wrote:
> I have used samba for nearly 9 years with no problems and we have about
>  20 users. In the past we have had a dedicated samba server. We have
>  recently virtualized this server to a quad core Q6600 using vmware
>  virtual server 1.0.4 on a 64 bit host running ubuntu 7.10.

bad idea. Vmware server is not meant for production servers. Don't try
to save a buck and buy a copy of esx. It will save you all this
trouble and time is money.

If you really want to go along the free road, get yourself xen, linux
runs perfectly with the opensource 'free as in free beer' xensource.
Vmware server is a great testing tool, not a production one.
--
Groeten,
J.Asenjo