[Samba] Samba and Active Directory

Mary Steiner steiner.mary at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 14:17:53 GMT 2008

Hi John,
Basically this is what I would like to happen:

I have a Windows 2003 Active Directory server and a Fedora Linux server. I
have set up Samba on the Fedora server. I would like for users to be able to
map a Samba share using their login and password from Active Directory.

I have read a lot of posts regarding kerberos, pam and samba, but most of
them involved creating new users on active directory and installing Unix
services on the windows server. I would like to not have to make any changes
to the active directory server, just changes to the linux server.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
MS