[Samba] Samba and Active Directory

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Mon Mar 10 13:20:08 GMT 2008

On Monday 10 March 2008 08:03:04 am Mary Steiner wrote:
> Hi All-
> Is there a way to authenticate samba shares using Active Directory? I don't
> want to add the Linux server to AD, I just want to be able to use Active
> Directory for the authentication of the Samba shares.
>
> Is there a good how-to?
>
> Thanks,
> MS

Mary,

Could perhaps give us an example in practive (from the user's perspective) how
this would work?

Please start at the very beginning: A user logs onto ... and then does the
following to access shares on the Samba server ...

What documents have you referred to understand the issues at heart of the
question you are asking?

- John T.