[Samba] Re: Migration to Samba.

zarrabeitia at gmail.com zarrabeitia at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 14:54:24 GMT 2008

Replying to myself:

The problem with changing the SID was that I wasn't changing the SID
everywere. I was changing the SID only on my net setlocalsid,
setdomainsid and the smbldap config file... After I did the
smbldap-populate again, everything worked (the new samba domain now
has the same sids as the AD and the windows clients recognize the
identities).

Now I need to bulk-export and import the users. I'm writing a script
to turn the ldifde output from the AD into a smbldap friendly schema.
Is there a better way?

And, what could be the smbldap-populate be changing that was required
for the sid change to work?

Thanks!

Zarrabeitia