[Samba] Importing Accounts from Windows?

Kyle Schmitt kyleaschmitt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 14:38:45 GMT 2008

Is there some automated system to import windows accounts into a samba
or a samba ldap situation?

I've got a few hundred users on an NT domain, and I'd like to migrate
them sometime before the last piece of hardware supported by NT4
rusts.
Right now several linux based samba servers are doing all of the heavy
lifting (shared files printers etc), but they are all looking at the
domain controller for authentication.

Considering the multiple vulns for NT, I know I could just run a
password cracker against it, then create new accounts for everyone
with their old passwords, but I'm reluctant to do that.

Is there a way to transfer the account info from the PDC to samba then
just shut the old thing off?

Thanks,
        Kyle