[Samba] Problems sharing windows printer with linux

Maginot Junior maginot.junior at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 17:12:25 GMT 2008

Just solved the problem, and Im going to share hoping to help other
that could came with the same problem:

Disable the Administratives shares going into windows registry, this
will make cups find the right printer share.
#----------------
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314984
#----------------
Servers

For NT 4.0/W2K/Windows Server 2003s, the change is:

    Hive: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    Key: SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanManServer\Parameters
    Name: AutoShareServer
    Data Type: REG_DWORD
    Value: 0

Idiot proof note: If you can't find the value in the registry under
the exact location (i.e. it does not exist) - please right click in
the right pane of the window and create it.

Note: A reboot is necessary for this to take effect.
Workstations

For NT 4.0 Workstation/W2K Pro/XP Pro, the change is:

    Hive: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    Key: SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanManServer\Parameters
    Name: AutoShareWks
    Data Type: REG_DWORD
    Value: 0

best regards! [ ]'s