[Samba] Problems sharing windows printer with linux

Maginot Junior maginot.junior at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 14:56:20 GMT 2008

Hi to all.

Im having a strange issue, but I could not fix and after days googling
around doesnt took me anywhere better, so I come here trying to find
the ultimate answer for this problem.

I have installed on a Windows 2000 a printer (Samsung Sxc4x21) and
Shared it. On other windows boxes I have no problem to use it, but
when I try to connect using cups I can only find some administrative
share like:

 ADMIN$      Disk     Administra     C$       Disk        default
shared resource        Samsung     Samsung

And even if I try to connect to this printer I can't print, always get
error messages (from the obvious that this share is very strange) I
tryed to set some permission on w2k, create a user with the same map
to guest from my smb.conf and I still cant make this share to appear
correctly ...

please, any help will be apreciated, thanks in advance!

[ ]'s

--
Maginot Júnior
"the game of life"