[Samba] SAMBA + KERBEROS + AD

Oliver Henriot Oliver.Henriot at imag.fr
Thu Mar 6 14:28:57 GMT 2008

Hi,

Dans sa grande sagesse, Sadique Puthen a écrit, le 06.03.2008 13:33 :
> Helio Calaça Filho wrote:
[snip]
>> [teste]
>>         comment = Test Directory
>>         path = /teste
>>         valid users = SAMBA #Ps.: SAMBA string here it's the domain,
>> to can
>> accept all domain users
>>

> I doubt whether this is valid. As per "man smb.conf",  "If  this  is
> empty  (the  default)  then any user can login." So you should either
> put it empty or specify valid users or groups. Specifying domain name
> to allow all users/groups may not be valid.

I have tested this parameter and not only does testparm accept it, but
it seems to ask for a valid domain member account.

[snip]

However, just as for Hélio, I encounter the same problems :
>> All correct apparently. But, when i try to access my samba shares
>> using my
>> winxp station (logged in ads domain), the samba server ask a user n'
>> pass. I
>> put any ads user and i can't.
>>
>> Where i wrong?
>>
>> See Ya!
>>
>> Atte,
>> Hélio Calaça Filho

And I also have the same problem for another share using the "valid
users = %S" which I know for shure is a proper Samba 3 parameter which
should accept a valid domain account, which it doesn't.

I have no clue where Hélio and I are going wrong, and I'd really like to
know where it's all going wrong ;-)

Cheers,

--
Oliver Henriot, UMS MI2S, http://mi2s.imag.fr/