[Samba] Best way to handle profiles from deleted accounts?

Scott Lovenberg scott.lovenberg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 05:23:20 GMT 2008

Tim Bates wrote:
> Hello people
>
> Just wondering how people deal with deletion of roaming profiles and
> homes on their servers.
>
> I currently have a script that moves old homes for one subset of our
> users... but it's very messy. I'm considering re-writing it, and
> including the profile dirs too, but I was wondering if there's
> solutions already out there that might be better than what I can write.
>
> Tim B

> privileged information or confidential information or both. If you
> are not the intended recipient please delete it and notify the sender.
I usually just disable the account until I know that no one left any
important documents with it.  I just leave it disabled until I know it
made it to the backups, and then blow it away.  If you use Webmin, it
will erase the home directory, samba account, and unix account in one
fell swoop; I think they use a perl script, it might be easier to pick
that up than reinvent the wheel.