[Samba] samba-3.2-pre2 feedback

Christian McHugh christian.mchugh at nau.edu
Wed Mar 5 22:08:23 GMT 2008

Hi,

As with the last few releases, compiling on solaris requires that I edit the
Makefile and remove instances of "-z text"

Also, once compiling and installing, it seems unable to start:
ld.so.1: smbd: fatal: libtalloc.so: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed
ld.so.1: nmbd: fatal: libtalloc.so: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed

This is fixed by adding /usr/local/samba/lib to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but I
don't recall ever having to do that in the past.

And when I attempt to run samba applications other libraries are not found:
./net ads join
ld.so.1: net: fatal: bin/libtdb.so: open failed: No such file or directory

I was stuck at this point, but another recompile with gcc4/lib in the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and a --disable-pie at configure time seem to have fixed it.

My last issue is that I seem to be unable to join the domain again.
net ads join -U mmchugh
Enter mmchugh's password:
Failed to join domain: failed to set machine spn: Constraint violation
  net rpc join -S students.froot.nau.edu -U mmchugh
Enter mmchugh's password:
[2008/03/06 05:02:47,  0] utils/net_rpc_join.c:net_rpc_join_newstyle(393)
   Error in domain join verification (credential setup failed):
NT_STATUS_INVALID_COMPUTER_NAME

Unable to join domain NAU-STUDENTS.

This is on a machine that was previously joined with 3.0.28

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Christian