[Samba] Curious: Windows -> Samba 4 transition path?

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Tue Mar 4 20:57:58 GMT 2008

Hi, all.  I see that the second alpha has been released, and that makes me
wonder about one or two things:

- Can you have a Samba 4 box be a DC alongside a Windows DC?
- Failing that, is there a transition path from Windows AD to Samba 4?

If either of these are true, it would save a heck of a lot of work,
instead of having to rejoin a couple hundred clients to the domain.

Thanks much,

-Ken

P.S.  Kudos on whoever thought of the Python scripting hooks.  While I
don't "speak" Python, it would certainly be a strong incentive to learn
it!