RE [Samba] Is there a Samba4 list that I can use?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Mar 3 01:35:23 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-28 at 10:53 -0500, Ernie Buford wrote:
> Would samba-technical also be a better place for tricky
> diagnostic questions that aren't getting responses here?
>
> (ref. http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2008-February/138710.html)
>
> Please pardon my inexperience... I've used Samba for years
> but haven't delved into the lists until my recent trouble.

Generally no, just because one person's 'tricky diagnostic question' is
another person's failure to read documentation.  It quickly descends
into farce, not because of your post, but because of what others then
do.

Naturally, it's a bit more blurred that that, and once you end up at
source level debugging, or patches, then samba-technical is the place,
but it's a line we try to hold.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett