[Samba] Winbind 3.2.0rc2 Coredump [was: Re: Help needed. Samba 3.2.0rc2 - IDMAP - Windows 2008 Server - ADS Integration - Winbind]

Scott Lovenberg scott.lovenberg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 15:38:16 GMT 2008

Samba-Liste wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> thanks for the reply.
>
> On Sat, 2008-06-28 at 05:39 -0400, Scott Lovenberg wrote:
>
>> Samba-Liste wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>

> [...]
>

>> Have you tried using the 'nss_ldap' with the entry 'ldap' in your
>> nsswitch.conf?  I found that to be the best way to interface the LDAP
>> backend in my case.  I tried the pam route, but since Slackware does
>>

> that's how we do it right now as we have a Samba-LDAP-PDC. But didn't
> get it working against my new Windows 2008 ADS server. Can you provide
> sample configurations for nss_ldap to connect to an ADS server?
>
> thank you and best regards
>
>            Daniel

Sorry for the delay, I think I jumbled my email boxes :)

This is off the top of my head (as my official Samba book is at home and
I'm at work), but, all you should need is the nss_ldap module and the
following lines in your /etc/nsswitch.conf:
[...]
passwd   files ldap winbind compat
shadow   files ldap winbind compat
group      files ldap winbind compat
[...]

This should enable getent passwd.  IIRC, there are no dependencies for
nss_ldap, it just needs to be compiled.  At least on Slackware, as
always, check with your upstream provider before compiling your own.