[Samba] File Change notification in Samba

Mon Jun 30 09:05:16 GMT 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 02:02:03PM +0530, Prateek.Mathur at lntinfotech.com wrote:
>         How can i see this working. I tried sharing a text file in
> samba..Opened it from windows machine and then changed it on my samba
> linux machine..i was not able to se any change refleted to my opened txt
> file window.. If i close it , refresh and then open i can c the changes.
> let me know how can i make it work?
> Thanks for your response.

Oh, that will not work. The change notify stuff I talked
about only works for directories, not for file contents. For
file content's it is a matter of the applications
themselves, but I'm not aware of a mechanism that would
allow this to work cross-platform.

Volker