[Samba] File Change notification in Samba

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace lists at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Mon Jun 30 09:01:00 GMT 2008

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 14:02:03 +0530
Prateek.Mathur at lntinfotech.com wrote:

>         How can i see this working. I tried sharing a text file in
> samba..Opened it from windows machine and then changed it on my samba
> linux machine..i was not able to se any change refleted to my opened
> txt file window.. If i close it , refresh and then open i can c the
> changes. let me know how can i make it work?
> Thanks for your response.

Hi,

As far as I'm aware, this won't work in windows either, nor will it
work using Linux files between linux systems [0].

Am I correct in thinking that you want to have a single file updated
in "real-time" from a number of locations?

M.

[0] unless you've got a really clever bit of software that
automatically reloads the file every time a change is detected!
--
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace
matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
http://www.truthisfreedom.org.uk