[Samba] [3.0.28a] Telling XP to save password?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 13:26:24 GMT 2008

> The problem is that if you use roaming profiles in a Samba
> domain and you rolled out your clients by means of cloning a
> master client or some other complication like changing the
> domain SID midstream it won't work again and I'll be damned
> if I know why.

After you cloned the machines. Did you change their sid using a sid
changer? There is one on the sysinternals part of technet as well. If
you do not do that all machines will have the same sid and things will
be broken. And after you changed the sid, did you then add the
machines to the domain?

> Can someone be more constructive and less proselytic?
> --
I posted a solution that works with windows (NT4 to XP). It is called
autologon. The program just modifies a few registry entries that are
setup for this purpose.

John