[Samba] Samba "Preferred Platform"

William W. Hammond support at mbdsoft.com
Sat Jun 28 04:10:55 GMT 2008

I have set up several OpenSuSE 10.3 File Servers...

These are small environments, 5 - 15 workstations.

They are purely File (and possibly Application) Servers....

All are AMD64.

Since the Servers only purpose in life is to support Samba.

1.)  Is there a platform Linux/Unix, where Samba is better supported...?

2.)  Does Samba utilize a 64 bit environment, or is it better to
install 32 bit for compatibility..?

A GUI is nice, I can get around in the CLI, but by no means am I proficient.

Performance Technology Systems Design

"Never Promise more than you can deliver...
Always Deliver more than you promise.."