[Samba] Getting info from Windows AD 2003 domain

Brian Campbell elementaladmins at comcast.net
Sat Jun 28 04:08:31 GMT 2008

I have samba set up and installed on a ubuntu server with winbind running
and joined to the domain. I can successfully return a list of all users
(wbinfo -u) and all groups (wbinfo -g) from the domain. My question is this:
Is it possible (and if so how) to use wbinfo to retrieve a list of users for
a specific group only (as opposed to the whole domain users listed with the
-u option)? Stated another way I would like to get the members of a Windows
group called foo through the use of samba and put those users into a list on
the linux side.

Thanks,

Brian