[Samba] Solaris blastwave.org Version 3.0.23b doesn't read new information from /etc/passwd and /etc/group

Bob ftoomch at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 16:13:30 GMT 2008

Hi,

How would I make samba re-read group and user information? Is there a .tdb file that needs to be deleted?

I have recently added more supplementary groups for a user in /etc/group, but the information isn't coming through in the logs, all I get is this:

[2008/06/27 07:51:24, 5] auth/auth_util.c:(474)
  UNIX token of user 11001
  Primary group is 11000 and contains 0 supplementary groups

There should definitely be more than 0 supplementary groups.

e.g.

# grep 11001 /etc/passwd
bob:x:11001:11000::/home/bob:/bin/bash

# grep bob /etc/group