[Samba] [3.0.28a] Telling XP to save password?

Willy Offermans Willy at Offermans.Rompen.nl
Fri Jun 27 11:20:46 GMT 2008

Hello Gilles, FreeBSD, and Samba friends,

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 12:39:46PM +0200, Gilles wrote:
> Hello
>
> 	We're successfully running Samba 3.0.28a on a FreeBSD server and
> sharing files with XP clients. There's only one problem: By default,
> XP doesn't let the user save the password, so they have to type it
> every time they reboot.
>
> Is there a way to tell XP to remember the password between
> reboots/sessions?
>
> Thank you.
>
> --

In general, saving a password isn't a good idea. It is annoying to
remember a password by heart and to retype it again and again, but it
is the best option. So probably there is a way to ``tell XP to remember
the password between reboots/sessions``, but that is most probably not
what you want. I advice you to re-consider the issue to find a proper
solution.

In order to help you in a more detailed way, you need to be more
verbose and explicit to your problem when mailing it to the list.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With kind regards,

Willy

*************************************
Dr. W.K. Offermans
CAT Postdoctoral Fellow
CAT Catalytic Center
Institut für Technische und Makromolekulare Chemie
RWTH Aachen
Worringerweg 1, Raum 38C-133
D-52074 Aachen, Germany
Phone:  +49 241 80 28591
Home:   +31 45 544 49 44
Mobile: +31 653 27 16 23
e-mail: Willy at Offermans.Rompen.nl
e-mail: Willy.Offermans at Catalyticcenter.RWTH-Aachen.de