[Samba] Samba 4 alpha 4 with OpenLDAP

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jun 26 11:50:59 GMT 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 16:21 +0200, Christophe Thibault wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to setup Samba 4 alpha 4 with OpenLDAP.

It is best to mail questions about Samba4 to the samba-technical list
while we are still in alpha, as I don't watch this list very often.

> I'm following this wiki page to setup
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/LDAP_Backend/OpenLDAP
>
> When Preparing the OpenLDAP backend, I get an error (I didn't get this
> error with alpha 3).
>

> $ cd .../source
> $ ./setup/provision-backend --realm=TEST.XXXX.COM
>                             --domain=TEST
>                             --ldap-manager-pass=mypassword
>                             --ldap-backend-type=openldap
>                             --server-role='domain controller'
>
> returns:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "./setup/provision-backend", line 102, in <module>
>      ldap_backend_port=opts.ldap_backend_port)
>    File "bin/python/samba/provision.py", line 1194, in provision_backend
>      "SERVERDN": names.serverdn
>    File "bin/python/samba/provision.py", line 185, in setup_modify_ldif
>      check_all_substituted(data)
>    File "bin/python/samba/__init__.py", line 227, in check_all_substituted
>      raise Exception("Not all variables substituted: %s" %
> text[var_start:var_end+1])
> Exception: Not all variables substituted: ${PREFIXMAP_B64}

Yeah, I didn't test this before cutting the alpha4 tarball.  Current GIT
has this fixed (and now runs this as a 'blackbox' test, so at least the
basics of this should not regress.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett