[Samba] Samba Domain Crontroller migration

Rafael Santos rafael at games.com
Wed Jun 25 20:51:42 GMT 2008

Hi all,

There is an existing samba pdc in my network running in opensuse 10.0,
and i want to migrate it to a new machine installing opensuse 10.3 updated.

My questions:
- How to migrate with no problems in users desktops (lan), keeping the
same workgroup name?
- Users, groups and permissions I´ll have to create and configure it all
again in sharing of the new server?

Somebody can send an example of a smb conf implementing a complete and
tested Samba PDC (Domain Controller) with file sharing (user
permission), print server, roaming profile (desktop and my documents).
Users desktops in lan are only Windows XP sp2.

ps.: samba-3.0.26a-3 or higher.

Thanks for any help.

*Rafael Santos
rafael # games.com*