[Samba] Create masks set to 770 yet new files created as 750

Jeff L jeff80 at linuxmail.org
Tue Jun 24 21:09:01 GMT 2008

Hello All.

Samba ver 3.0.25b-1.1.cc

Simple problem thats happening on two different servers.

Samba is a PDC, users are creating files via windows.

My goal is to make each and every file rwxrwx--- .

They are being created as rwxrw----

The masks on each share is :

browseable = yes
writeable = yes
create mask = 2770
security mask = 2770
directory mask = 2770
directory security mask = 2770

I've also performed a chmod -R 2770 on the entire share dir.

if I add

force create mode = 2770
force directory mode = 2770

to each share the new files are created as 770.

Is this nessesary? I thought the create masks would be sufficient.

I dont want to use too many unessesary options on each share.

If anyone can assist cleaning it up that would be very helpful.

Thanks

=
The Burnsteads
New Puget Sound Homes See our Homes of Distinction.
http://a8-asy.a8ww.net/a8-ads/adftrclick?redirectid=7cf9a6dded017d2ec085bf51bae10a7d