[Samba] Permissions Issue

Doug Tucker tuckerd at engr.smu.edu
Tue Jun 24 15:55:11 GMT 2008

Hello group, this issue is driving me crazy, there just has to be a
simple way to do this that I am missing!  I have a share, SOP.  The file
system maps to /dir/dir/sop.  If I have a set of users that need write
access to this directory, but only want to allow another set of users
read only access, how can I accomplish this?  From the man pages, it
looks like I can set the share  to read only, and use the directive
write list = @groupname to allow certain users write access to this read
only share, but, I don't want to allow everyone read access, I want to
only allow certain other users (that I can put in a group) read only
access.  Any ideas?

Sincerely,

Doug