[Samba] Print Command not working in 3.0.30

Stuart Reedy stu at coe.uky.edu
Mon Jun 23 13:26:46 GMT 2008

Greetings,

I'm having trouble with the "print command" setting in Samba 3.0.30.
 From what I can tell, the commands defined in the "print command"
setting are never executed.

Jobs sent the printers are process by CUPS, bypassing the defined print
command.  When the command:

lp -H hold -d %p %s

did not work, I created a script that copied the command line used to a
file and replace "lp" in the above setting with my script. The script
was never executed.  (Jobs were sent directly to CUPS.)

I've tried this both with the Slackware Packages of 3.0.30 and with
Samba compiled from source.

Am I missing something or might this be a bug?

Thanks!
Stu...
--
Stuart Reedy          Working hard for a great university!
stu at coe.uky.edu
859 257-7966