[Samba] how to connect samba with Active directory on SUSE 10.3

Reveal MAP revealmapp at yahoo.fr
Mon Jun 23 13:32:28 GMT 2008

Hi,

I intend to connect freeradius 2.0.2-3 to Active directory, following this HOW_TO:
http://wiki.freeradius.org/FreeRADIUS_Active_Directory_Integration_HOWTO

as i am a real newbi at linux, i am here for some questions. some of them could be silly, but please, excuse me and my poor english too!

the HOWTO point a file named "smb.conf" laocated usually at /etc/samba/smb.conf

my fsmb.conf file looks like this:

---------------------------------
# smb.conf is the main Samba configuration file. You find a full commented
# version at /usr/share/doc/packages/samba/examples/smb.conf.SUSE if the
# samba-doc package is installed.
# Date: 2008-05-28
[global]
    workgroup = MYDOMAIN
    printing = cups
    printcap name = cups
    printcap cache time = 750
    cups options = raw
    map to guest = Bad User
    include = /etc/samba/dhcp.conf
    logon path = \\%L\profiles\.msprofile
    logon home = \\%L\%U\.9xprofile
    logon drive = P:
    usershare allow guests = Yes
[homes]
    comment = Home Directories
    valid users = %S, %D%w%S
    browseable = No
    read only = No
    inherit acls = Yes
[profiles]
    comment = Network Profiles Service
    path = %H
    read only = No
    store dos attributes = Yes
    create mask = 0600
    directory mask = 0700
[users]
    comment = All users
    path = /home
    read only = No
    inherit acls = Yes
    veto files = /aquota.user/groups/shares/
[groups]
    comment = All groups
    path = /home/groups
    read only = No
    inherit acls = Yes
[printers]
    comment = All Printers
    path = /var/tmp
    printable = Yes
    create mask = 0600
    browseable = No
[print$]
    comment = Printer Drivers
    path = /var/lib/samba/drivers
    write list = @ntadmin root
    force group = ntadmin
    create mask = 0664
    directory mask = 0775
--------------------------------

operating systeme is SUSE 10.3 and samba version is 3.0.26a

- first, in the global section, i wonder which is correct between "workgroup = MYDOMAIN" and  "    workgroup = MYDOMAIN.LOCAL"

- Then i identified files like:
     /usr/share/doc/packages/samba/examples/smb.conf.SUSE
    /usr/share/doc/packages/samba/examples/smb.conf.default
they contains part of the stuffs i have to configure. so my second questionis, have i to take care of these files too or should i just follow the HOWTO and put all my lines in smb.conf only?

hoping to be read and understood,

thank you

 Envoyé avec Yahoo! Mail.
Une boite mail plus intelligente.