[Samba] can join,but not log into domain

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 17:15:46 GMT 2008

Hi,  I have a problem where I can join an xpsp2 machine to a domain
but, no matter what %COMPUTERNAME% i use, it says "system error: a
duplicate name exists on the network"  after the reboot when upon
successfully joining.    If I try to log in as a valid user, i get the
"the system could not log you on because domain 'DOMAIN' is not
available".  I'd just like to stress that I do not have a duplicate
name on the network...I've tried more than 4 and each time I have same
error.   Does this ring any bells for anyone?

Thanks,
Peter