[Samba] Samba 4 alpha 4 with OpenLDAP

Christophe Thibault christophe.thibault at planisware.com
Fri Jun 20 14:21:41 GMT 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to setup Samba 4 alpha 4 with OpenLDAP.

I'm following this wiki page to setup
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/LDAP_Backend/OpenLDAP

When Preparing the OpenLDAP backend, I get an error (I didn't get this
error with alpha 3).

$ cd .../source
$ ./setup/provision-backend --realm=TEST.XXXX.COM
                            --domain=TEST
                            --ldap-manager-pass=mypassword
                            --ldap-backend-type=openldap
                            --server-role='domain controller'

returns:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./setup/provision-backend", line 102, in <module>
     ldap_backend_port=opts.ldap_backend_port)
   File "bin/python/samba/provision.py", line 1194, in provision_backend
     "SERVERDN": names.serverdn
   File "bin/python/samba/provision.py", line 185, in setup_modify_ldif
     check_all_substituted(data)
   File "bin/python/samba/__init__.py", line 227, in check_all_substituted
     raise Exception("Not all variables substituted: %s" %
text[var_start:var_end+1])
Exception: Not all variables substituted: ${PREFIXMAP_B64}

Does anyone has any idea?

Thanks, chris