[Samba] Re: WINS server looses election irregular in a heterogeneous network

Timo Meinen timomeinen at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 20 13:24:11 GMT 2008

Hallo Helmut,

I am pretty sure the IP 221 is a Windows PC, but it doesn't really
matter, because may be a week it is IP 123, who is winning the
election, another week it's 213 who is winning and so on.

We found out, that its always a Windows PC, which is announcing itself
as a Master Browser.

It's really curious, because if I restart "my" samba server, it
_always_ wins the election. The problem arises, if the samba server is
some hours online.

Is it an unavoidable problem, which exists in an heterogenous
Win/Linux network or is my samba misconfigured?

Thank you very much.

Glück Auf,
Timo