[Samba] msdfs bug? duplicated intermediate folder in path

Kaicheng Son kaicheng at au1.ibm.com
Fri Jun 20 11:07:41 GMT 2008

Hi all
just got a same issue as described in 2002 mail list with the url of
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-cvs/2002-April/028670.html

the problem is:
with DFS and Explorer: Sometimes DFS trees
appear with duplicate intermediate folders

when I acecess \\server\dfsroot\public\file
some time I have to use \\server\dfsroot\public\public\file.

see, a duplicated "public" folder was generated.

My server is rhel4u4  2.6.9-67.0.15.ELsmp
samba version: samba-3.0.25b-1.el4_6.4
I dont think the msdfs.c version is old than that in 2002.

any comments?

Best Regards