[Samba] testparm and includes

André Welter welter at bitbone.de
Thu Jun 19 14:57:35 GMT 2008

Hi list!

I've read some remarks here and in other places that it would be good
practice to not edit the smb.conf file directly but rather keep a
smb.conf.master file, edit that and then do a testparm -s > smb.conf.

Here comes my problem:

My smb.conf file uses some include statements. When using testparm those
include lines are still in the output directly followed by the content
of the included file. This would lead to a kind of double inclusion if I
used the output of testparm as my new smb.conf.
Is this intentional?

Thx,

André