[Samba] login scripts --what to use

Mike Eggleston mikeegg1 at mac.com
Thu Jun 19 14:17:49 GMT 2008

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008, Christopher Perry might have said:

> Hi,
> We're setting up a PDC, and would like to have a login script to deliver
> the mapped drives to users in particular groups, and connect to
> printers. The printer drivers come from the [print$], share.
>
> Does anyone have any good resources for this? What's the easiest and
> simplest thing to get going --vbscript or batch files?

My logon script is:

------------------------
cat /etc/samba/netlogon/logon.bat
@echo off
rem match the server time
net time \\timehost /set /yes
net use H: \\elo\%USERNAME%
net use P: \\cairo\pointwise
net use S: \\elo\pointwise
net use T: \\elo\tmp

rem allow for per-user customization of the windows environment
if exist h:\%USERNAME%.bat call h:\%USERNAME%.bat

rem update the windows screen saver settings for security
c:\windows\system32\cscript \\elo\netlogon\screen-saver.vbs