[Samba] slow samba

iLinux justin at rtechguys.com
Thu Jun 19 14:08:58 GMT 2008

I have a samba version 3.024 server joined to a ADS as a "Workstation or
server" acting as a file/print server. It is a Debian 4.0 amd64 up to date
with stable. ftp works just fine so not network, must be samba config.

vary slow file transfer when copying file from one computer but copy from
two or more at the same time speed is 10 times faster. You will be copying a
600MG file with one computer and it will say 80 minutes remaining. start
copying a file from a nother computer and 10X faster ( 4 minutes remaining
). Also when copying file from server with linux client 2 minutes 6.5 to 7.0
MBPS.  It looks like it has something to do with cash. i have "winbind cache
time = 30" in my smb.config and "socket options = TCP_NODELAY
SO_RCVBUF=16384 SO_SNDBUF=16384" no help. Thanks in advance for your help.