[Samba] Samba 3 with OpenLDAP multimaster or Fedora-DS

Carlos Eduardo Pedroza Santiviago carlos at santiviago.com
Wed Jun 18 14:35:47 GMT 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 5:39 PM, Charlie <medievalist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Lots of folks have samba 3 running over OpenLDAP.  Syncrepl is what
> I'd use if I was setting it up today, but I have a very reliable and
> mature implementation already running slurpd, so I am going to stick
> with that for the moment.
[...]
> We have one PDC and WINS server per physical site, which is more
> reliable and fault-tolerant than anything else I've tried, but it does
> make LDAP configuration a bit dicey since the Samba Team doesn't yet
> understand why anyone would want to combine a unified authentication
> infrastructure with geographically localized network control.  Setting
> up domain trusts with our configuration is tricky.

Humm, so you're not using the same domain for the entire company? In
my situation, we have 5 remote offices, and all using the same domain,
and if for some unknown reason our links (yes, we do have redundant
links) go down, these offices should be able to work with minimal
interruption (by saying this i mean, users should be able to change
their passwords, machines also should be able to update their
accounts, etc).

--
Carlos Eduardo Pedroza Santiviago - <carlos at santiviago.com>
http://softwarelivre.net | Passo-a-passo rumo à liberdade!