[Samba] How can I create a ntlm-hash with Java

M. Mueller malte.mueller at ewetel.net
Sat Jun 14 16:35:37 GMT 2008

Hi
i would like to create all my LDAP-Entries with a Java servlet. The only
thing that stops me are the ntlm hashes (sambaLMPassword and
sambaNTPassword). Can anybody tell me if there are any Java sources that
create these values from a cleartext password or where in the samba
sources they are calculated so I can port the algorithm to java? I
searched the net for jacifs, which I heard should have coded that, but
couldn't find it. It was certainly a bit naiv to think that smbpasswd.c
would be the source file I needed.
Can anybody point me to the right source?

Thanks a lot,
Malte Müller