[Samba] Configuring a samba server with two NICs

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 19:17:54 GMT 2008

> FWIW, there was just a discussion on the Dell Server list trying to use a
> crossover between two recent Dell servers.
> It DIDN'T work.
> A normal network cable did.
> Seems that some modern cards a suppose to auto-configure, but in this case
> it didn't work with a crossover.

All gigabit devices auto crossover so no crossover is necessary if
both sides are gigabit. I am  not sure this is the problem though. It
looks like ipv4 forwarding needs to be turned on on the machine that
has 2 nics. However I may be wrong as I was a little confused with the
discussion of the two networks and their purpose.

John