[Samba] samba auth against imap?

dnk d.k.emaillists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 16:53:31 GMT 2008

I had a VP in our company ask today if it was possible to use the same
id's and passwords as our mail server. Now if it was LDA based, no
problem.....

But I was just curious if there was some sort of authentication method
to authenticate samba shares against an IMAP server? I have seen a few
other pieces of software use imap authentication. I have security
concerns over this method, but just wanted to see if it was even
possible. I have been google searching, but no real answers yet.

Thanks in advance,.

dnk