[Samba] HomeDir with machinenname

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Fri Jun 13 07:52:00 GMT 2008

Hello.

I have a Folder /shares/Public/ which is shared. The Account "general" should
have a separate HomeDir below /shares/Public/general depending on the machine
name. So I set the attribute homeDirectory in LDAP to
/shares/Public/general/%m (i also tried %M).

But when I log on at PC01, the HomeDir is not mounted, because %m/%M was not
resolved to the machinename:

 > /shares/Public/general/10.1.0.17' does not exist or permission denied when
 > connecting to [general] Error was No such file or directory

I use %m for the logfile name too, where it is mapped to the machine name (not
the IP).

Any idea what could went wrong and how else I can get the needed setup?
Currently we use 3.0.22 and can't upgrade because of different problems with
trusted domains in our setup.

Regards
Marc Muehlfeld