[Samba] reply_nt1: smb signing is incompatible with share level security !

Javier Ruiz javier.ruiz at indufrial.com
Wed Jun 11 19:40:01 GMT 2008

Hi, There are  error message  found in the log from smb:

Nov 20 16:24:37 dell01 smbd[6199]:   reply_nt1: smb signing is incompatible
with share level security !

Below some key facts:

S.O : SUSE LINUX 10.1 (i586) - Kernel 2.6.16.21-0.13-default (10).

content of smb.conf :

# Global parameters
[global]
*workgroup = mysystem
*netbios name = mypc
*server string = Servidor Deel
*interfaces = 1xx.0.0.xxx/24
security = share
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
hosts allow = 1xx.0.0. 127.
#       printing = cups
printcap name = cups
add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd  -c Machine -d /var/lib/nobody
-s /bin/false %m$
domain master = no
restrict anonymous = no
#preferred master = no
preferred master = Yes
max protocol = NT
ldap ssl = No
server signing = Auto
#local master = no
local master = Yes

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
read only = No
create mask = 0640
directory mask = 0750
browseable = No

[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /var/tmp
create mask = 0700
guest ok = Yes
printable = Yes
#dirk
[compartido]
*comment = comentario
*path = /path1/path1/path1
*username = user1, user2
read only = No
create mask = 0777
directory mask = 0777

*For security reasons, some details have been changed....

Thanks for your help !!!

--
javierPUNTOruizARROBAindufrialPUNTOcom
PostMaster