[Samba] Re: vfs_set_filelen function problem on FAT file systems.

Wed Jun 11 08:23:02 GMT 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 01:42:27PM +0530, Rupesh Kumar wrote:
> What are your views on reporting vfs_set_filelen as success without
> truncating the file to the size requested. Does this have any side effects.

Yes, it does. We can not report the correct file size that
Windows clients expect anyore. This will break a lot of
applications.

There is currently work underway to make calls to ftruncate
and friends async, so that at least clients will not
reconnect if that call takes more than 30 seconds. Will take
a while thought before this hits a release.

Volker