[Samba] 2nd smb server

Sascha tdy_shadow at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 09:14:17 GMT 2008

Hi,

i have already search for three days now but i can't find any tips. I am running a Samba PDC based on smb 3.0.23. No i want to integrate a second samba server which should serve serveral client, just to decrease the load on the pdc. This should not be a BDC, just a domain member. For user management i use openLDAP. Well, what do i need for this scenario? Do I need winbind or can i just configure the 2nd server to use the same ldap information as the pdc?

I would be thankful if somebody could give me a hint.