[Samba] XP SP3 and posix locking

Adam Williams awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us
Fri Jun 6 19:31:39 GMT 2008

i've had a similar problem for weeks/months now with microsoft word 2003
saying files are read-only, even when the file permissions are 777.  i
was google searching which said the problem is due to windows desktop
search.  i uninstalled that but that didn't completely fix it.  i'll try
posix locking = no