[Samba] unsafe_string_function_usage_here when linking smbd

Kai Lanz lanz at stanford.edu
Fri Jun 6 17:31:50 GMT 2008

On Jun 6, 2008, at 10:10 AM, Herb Lewis wrote:

> try doing an nm on the suspected .o file and see if the reference
> to the function is there. That will prove which file(s) is comes
> from than maybe you can determine which function it comes from.

Thanks, but I've already done that; I used "nm" to confirm that the
call to an undefined external function called
"unsafe_string_function_usage_here_size_t" was present in
trans2.o and in no other object file under source/smbd. The
trouble is there are 27 calls in trans2.c that have been
wrapped by safe_string.h and I haven't thought of a way to
determine which one is getting replaced by the "unsafe_"
marker.

--
Kai Lanz