[Samba] unsafe_string_function_usage_here when linking smbd

Kai Lanz lanz at stanford.edu
Fri Jun 6 16:54:45 GMT 2008

On Jun 6, 2008, at 7:27 AM, Volker Lendecke wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 03:52:54PM +0200, Bengt Nilsson wrote:
>> So the problem is for the older Digital UNIX V4.0F system.
>> Do you have access to such a system?
>
> No, sorry :-)
>
> Volker

If you did have such a system, how would you troubleshoot this
problem? In other words, can you suggest how Bengt and I should
proceed? (I'm on Digital UNIX 4.0G.)

I've pretty well determined that the offending string function call is
in trans2.c; is there a way we can instrument that source file to get
some information about which specific function call is causing our
unsafe_usage error? There are 27 calls in trans2.c that could
potentially be replaced by the unsafe_usage string, so it would be
very helpful to narrow that down. :)

--
Kai Lanz