[Samba] win32api call NetFileEnum against samba

J.P. Trosclair jptrosclair at judelawfirm.com
Thu Jun 5 21:19:28 GMT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to list open files on a samba server with the win32 api call
NetFileEnum(). I have successfully done this against samba 3.0.30-1. I have
another samba server (debian version: 3.0.14a-3sarge2) which the call
doesn't seem to work properly against. I get one result for username
\PIPE\samr even when I have open files on the server. I can list open files
fine with smbstatus, so I'm pretty sure the issue is with the remote attempt
to list files. Some more details on the server that is not working properly
are the only shares on it are guest enabled and world writeable; they are
public free for all shares. I'm wondering if the functionality I'm
attempting to use is only available in certain versions of samba or if a
special option needs to be enabled for it to work though there doesn't
appear to be comparing the two configuration files against each other.

Thanks,
J.P.