[Samba] Samba & AutoCAd 2005

Patrik Dufresne ikus060 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 21:04:08 GMT 2008

Rob Shinn wrote:
> Hi everyone--
>
> I've worked with many, many CAD, CAM and PLM products including
> AutoCAD, CATIA, I-DEAS, UG/NX, 3DStudio Max, Teamcenter, etc. for
> many, many years and consider myself to be an expert in performance,
> scalability and reliability of these systems.
>
> Most likely, your problems are not specifically related to Samba and
> are related to network issues.  A good way to track down these types
> of issues would be setup a test network with identical server and
> client configurations to what you use in production.    Set Samba's
> debug level to at least 3 or 4 and start watching the logs as you run
> various test scenarios.  Also, try watching the event viewer on the
> Windows clients.
>
> If you're not sure what to look for, post some log excerpts and your
> smb.conf up on the list and many people here, myself included, should
> be able to tell you what's going on.

Hi Rob Shinn,

Thanks for your suggestion, I will probably setup a testing environment
to know if the problem come from network component or the server it
self. It's will be easy because the Samba server is a Ubuntu guest
running on VMWareServer.

I will keep you inform If I find anything strange in log file.

Thanks

Patrik Dufresne