[Samba] Samba & AutoCAd 2005

Rob Shinn rob.shinn at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 13:20:10 GMT 2008

Hi everyone--

I've worked with many, many CAD, CAM and PLM products including AutoCAD,
CATIA, I-DEAS, UG/NX, 3DStudio Max, Teamcenter, etc. for many, many years
and consider myself to be an expert in performance, scalability and
reliability of these systems.

Most likely, your problems are not specifically related to Samba and are
related to network issues.  A good way to track down these types of issues
would be setup a test network with identical server and client
configurations to what you use in production.    Set Samba's debug level to
at least 3 or 4 and start watching the logs as you run various test
scenarios.  Also, try watching the event viewer on the Windows clients.

If you're not sure what to look for, post some log excerpts and your
smb.conf up on the list and many people here, myself included, should be
able to tell you what's going on.