[Samba] Samba & AutoCAd 2005

Rahul Tidke rahul at excelize.com
Thu Jun 5 04:06:52 GMT 2008

Hello,
   I have same setup here; all the CAD standards and profiles are loaded
in to AutoCAD using SAMBA shares, CAD project files are also accessed
from SAMBA shares. This generates very heavy traffic over network and
this is I/O bound operation; you should have sufficient RAM at both
server and client side. Your AutoCAD should be update with all service
packs and CAD fixes released by Autodesk. The problem you are talking
about should be related to AutoCAD or possibly some network issues and
not with SAMBA; as this happens when user executes certain command.
  Make sure that AutoCAD is configured properly in case you are using
some CAD standards/customizations and file paths should not be missing.

Thank you.
Rahul.